Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CAPTIVATING - "Walking out the Front Door Naked"

"We can't wait until we feel safe to love and invite.  In fact, if you feel a little scared, then you're probably on the right path.  Of course it's scary.  It's vulnerable.  It's naked.  God calls us to stop hiding, to stop dominating, to trust Him, and to offer our true selves.  He wants us to bring to bear the weight of our lives and all that He has given to us, worked into us, and offer it to our world.  To entice, allure, and invite others to Jesus by reflecting His glory in our lives.  He will give us no guarantee that others will enjoy us or respond well.  In fact, we can be sure that there will be times when they do not.  Jesus offered like no other, and many rejected Him.  In those moments or seasons when that happens to us, God's invitation is to bring our sorrow to Him.  Not to shut down with I'll never try that again.  But to keep our hearts open and alive, and find refuge and healing in His love."
 - CAPTIVATING by John & Stasi Eldridge

I wrote "Walking Out the Front Door Naked" in my blog (www.whyweight-dietitianmom.blogspot.com) BEFORE I read this in the book CAPTIVATING.   Wow, I knew God has been working deeply on me during my 30's... thus, the reason for my "Walking Out The Front Door Naked" with my eating disorder and the "R" word Blog I wrote.   A good friend kept prompting me to read this book...the Lord has really been working on him lately and he knew the Lord wanted me to read this book.  I praise God for the pits He has allowed me to fall in on my life's journey...if it weren't for those pits, I wouldn't be as strong as I am today NOR as close to Him as I am today.  I KNOW He still has much MUCH more work to do on me...I'm so blessed to know He is carrying me through it all.    
As I read this book, I have an even greater perspective on life.... I will continue to pray for those who have closed minds and have not allowed God to be in control...I will pray that they too will find a relationship with Him and not just "religion."   Relationship brings us closer to Him...allows you to "Walk Out the Front Door Naked" giving HIM all the glory!!! 

-----------------------------
Questions to Ponder:
Do you have a hard time being vulnerable,  OR hiding behind excessive food intake?  Or turning to food to comfort your unexpressed emotions?  
What is holding you back from Walking out the Front Door Naked?  Do you think you can trust God enough to give you that unreleased freedom from within?  He longs for you...to just call His name.  
When is the last time you took 15 minutes out for yourself to talk to God just like you would a friend?  Forget the "thees" and "thoughs" like the wording in King James... Get serious with Him instead.."Hey man, I'm needing to talk to you... I gotta get something off my chest... I'm just needing an answer...yeah, you know you I'm stubborn and hard of hearing, so please scream it at me!  And by the way... please show me the assets for these stinking "pits" I've been going through... show me what you want me to do with them and help me forget the negative.   I"m gonna give it all over to you...yeah, it's gonna be hard, but I have no other choice but to take this leap of faith because I long for peace within." (YES- HE IS WANTING YOU TO GIVE IT ALL OVER TO HIM!)

No comments:

Post a Comment